Can you believe it’s already 2018? I feel like yesterday we were setting goals for 2017 and getting ready to tackle the year. One thing I do every year around the holidays is sit down with Aaron and reflect on 2017 goals and set new goals for the upcoming year.
We all know creating goals and keeping them can be challenging. Well I’m sharing with you my 5 simple steps for making goals in the New Year and keeping them!
5 SIMPLE STEPS TO CREATING AND KEEPING YOUR GOALS IN 2018
- Set 2 types of goals, realistic goals and stretch goals
- Write your goals down. Then revisit them once a month to track progress. Once your goals are written down you are more likely to stick with them
- Talk about your goals and your progress to your friends, family, your plus one, pretty much anyone who will listen
- In a separate column write down your accomplishments throughout the year, even if it doesn’t pertain to your goal. I always love reflecting on unexpected accomplishments at the end of the year
- Divide your goals into categories. This will help with your organization. For example my goals are divided into my personal goals, professional goals, and then blog goals
When you are reflecting on your 2017 goals, the point isn’t to become upset if you didn’t accomplish the goals, the point is to take the information and use it in the future. I know I didn’t accomplish all my goals I set for myself in 2017 but I do know that I took that information and analyzed where I went wrong and how to make sure it doesn’t happen in the future.
I’m super excited for 2018 and am so thankful that you are sharing this journey with me! Cheers to 2018.
Sincerely Petite in Paris,