Today, I’m going to share with you my 5 tips to juggling a full time job and a blog. As many of you already know I work full time at an IT company that specializes in hotel software. I recently had to opportunity to sit down with Moshi for international women’s day to discuss what it is like being a women working in technology full time. You can read the article here.
Juggling multiple tasks can be difficult, but not impossible.The most important thing is that you have the right mind-set in place to make it work. Below are my 5 tips to juggling a full time job and a blog.
- Discipline, I use every available downtime I have to work on my blog, for example, it takes me an hour to ride the metro to work. I use this time to answer emails and to write blog posts.
- I do all my photo-shoots on the weekends. On Thursday night, I plan out the locations I want to go to and the outfits I want to wear down to the accessories. This way when the weekend comes I already know what I will wear and where we will take photos.
- I edit all my photos right after photo-shoots. I came up with a star system where I go through Lightroom star the potential photos I like, then once I go through all the photos go back to those starred photos and eliminate all the ones I won’t use. Lastly, I prepare my favorites for Instagram.
- I schedule everything in my calendar including what Instagram photos I want to go live, blog posts, and events. I even add reminders in the day before on what I have coming up the next day. This helps me stay organize and manage my time effectively
- I set personal goals for myself. For example, today I want to edit X amount of photos or today I want to come up with X ideas for blog posts. By doing this I’m constantly motivating myself and pushing myself to the limits.
I understand that at times juggling both a blog and a career can be tough, there are many times early on that I wanted to quit. When I reflect back, I’m very happy that I didn’t give up and persevered through the tough times because I wouldn’t be where I am today without that. I’d love to hear what tips you have for juggling a full time job and a blog!
For all you petites out there I definitely recommend you checking out bombpetite.com to get petite work clothes and other chic clothing.
Pants · Light Pink Work Pants
Bag · Moshi
Shoes · Christian Louboutin
Necklace · Lana Blake
Sincerely Petite in Paris,