I recently had the opportunity to work with a professional photographer named Erick Seban-Meyer. He is most known for his work with Miranda Kerr, Karl Lagerfeld, Gwen Stefani and Natalia Vodianova. Erick is very talented and has been published in over 40 magazines from around the world.
Typically I have Aaron my Instagram husband take all my photos, so for me working with a professional photographer was a new experience. With all experiences, you learn a thing or 2. Today, I’m sharing with you top things to do to prepare for a photo-shoot with a photographer
- Before you begin, ensure you are on the same page with the photographer when it comes to the vision. Feel free to ask the photographer to direct you.
- Bring a few different outfits, you never know if the location is going to match your outfit.
- Know your best angles. If you don’t know your best angle, don’t worry, take a few selfies, or have a friend grab your phone and take a few shots of you.
- Feel confident. Feeling confident is probably one of the most important things you can do when shooting. It will shine through on your photos. I know working with a new photographer can be nerve racking, but as they say in the industry, fake it until you make it.
- Don’t be afraid to share your opinions or suggestions
- Typically shooting takes several hours, so make sure you have water, snacks, and make-up to touch up.
I would say most importantly have fun! Overall, I’m very pleased with how these photos turned out, and I was honored to get the opportunity to work with Erick. He is based in Paris and Nice, so if you are looking for a photographer, I highly recommend him.
Black Dress · Comptoir Des Cotonniers (Sale!)
Navy Dress · Comptoir Des Cotonniers (Sale!)
Sincerely Petite in Paris,